Sunday, April 2, 2017

New Story: Kaleidotrope, April 2016

It's been a while between drinks, but I have a new story out!

Presenting "And We Spake Of Them Words Which Make You Goddess" in Kaleidotrope, Spring 2017.

I pitch "Goddess" as my weirdest story to date, because the story arc is buried deeply beneath the voice and emotion of the character. I wanted to make an attempt at language drift in SF. It was a difficult and interesting challenge, because as someone who has forgotten more of other languages than she learned I had to keep a tight grip on the grammar and vocabulary for consistency.

I also wanted to attempt what is essentially an angry and dense character. I won't go into intentions or story  because it is a puzzle working out the world and what has become of these people. Where does the fantasy end and reality begin?

Thanks to Fred Coppersmith for taking a chance on a story I never thought would see a home.

Check out the other cool stories in the issue from Shaenon K. Garrity, Cat Sparks, Iain Ishbel, and Bo Balder.

No comments:

Post a Comment